Keep it Running
Maintenance & Service
Generators have motors. Just like any other motor, these motors also require regular maintenance. At ESCON, we offer agreements that follow Generac® recommended routine care.
Some of the items a maintenance visit includes:
- Checking the fuel lines and connections.
- Checking the oil level, filters, cooling system, links and moving mechanisms.
- Assessing the generator’s general condition (vibration, noise, leakage, temperature, levelness and Enclosure Louvers.)
- Examining the battery and battery cable to remove corrosion, ensure dryness, clean and tighten terminals, check charge state and load check.
- Applying conditioner and wax to the outside enclosure.
- Checking the engine and mounting air cleaner, spark plugs and valve adjustments.
- Inspecting the external connection box to tighten terminals, check for proper operation and control wiring connection.
- Examining the electrical systems for no load output voltage, line to line, line to neutral, line to ground, grounding conductor, DC control fuse, battery charger fuse and the auto/off/manual switch.
- Inspecting the transfer switch.
- Inspecting any add-ons.
Whether or not you’ve purchased your generator from ESCON, if you have an issue call us day or night and we’ll get right on it. We service and repair most portable generator models right here at our shop. For standby generators we will come to your location.
Do-it-yourselfers, we stock most parts, service maintenance kits and batteries for your Generac® generator.
ESCON is a certified Generac® generator dealer in sales, service and warranty.